Is asprin safe to take with low BP ?

is asprin safe to take with low blood pressure ?
Tue, 13 Sep 2011
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hi yoshifumi,
Aspirin does not have any effect on blood pressure.
you can safely take aspirin, but if you can give a information about your indication for taking aspirin i can suggest you more specifically.

I am a 61 y.o. female. Recently left an extremely stressful job for one that I now work 12 hour shifts 3 consecutive nights per week. Multiple stressors at home as well. Past Hx include colon resection (no chemo) 1996, with regular 1 or 2 year follow ups, all normal, Father passed in 1987 - Pulmonary Fibrosis, Mother age 91 has treated High BP, otherwise healthy. Older brother died at age 67 of Pulmonary Fibrosis. Younger brother, age 60, diagnosed 15 months ago with Multi System Atrophy. Maternal GM had a stroke at age 77. About 7 days ago my BP dropped and I almost fell (right leg gave out and I felt weak and whoozy. Normal for me is apprx. 110/72. Now I get readings averaging apprx. 95/61 with Pulse Rate averaging apprx. 100. I went to the ER and they did a urinalysis, EKG, blood work, and gave me IV fluids (normal saline solution). All came back normal. I am generally on a low salt diet for some swelling in my feet, but all labs were normal at that time, as well. I have been doing some tough gardening work in recent days in 100 degree weather, but mostly in the shade. I try to drink water frequently throughout the day. Urine is regular, normal frequency, light yellow color. I ve increased my salt intake today, drinking water and Gatorade and feel a little better, but last BP was 95/61 Heart Rate 102. I also started to take 3 iodine drops in water once a day starting today, as well as Vitamin D, and a baby asprin. I d like some input on what might be the cause of such a sudden drop in BP and what direction to go from here. Thank you.

hi, I have been having recurring headache for the last week or so. I was diagnosed with low blood pressure but despite taking rest for the recommended 8 hours or so and drinking electrol+glucose in the morning, the headache persists. is it safe to take Dart medicine daily?

Would Coreg be a safe med to take for a person who has a 60 HR and low BP but trying to reduce the pressure of idiopathic hypertensive portal vein? This patient suffers from CLL, thyroid, gout and varices due to the portal vein. This patient has no history of high BP.

Recent questions on Hypertension

Dr. Oz, I know you're show is geared mostly towards women but I really am in dyer need of help. I'm a 22 year old male and I'm currently taking two 20mg instant release Adderalls a day. My blood pressure is normal on a daily basis, but high blood pressure and heart disease does run in my family. My concern is in regards to Erectile Disfunction. It is a real self confidence killer! My penis doesn't get fully erect when I'm about to have sex, its hard but not where it can stay up the air hard..excuse the reference. Also some other times it will get hard, but it will not stay that way for long amounts of time. Does anyone know why this could be? I also have trouble staying hard. For example if it slips out, there is a switch of positions,or the slightest distraction, it wont remain hard. I take adderall but don't notice a difference in this when I take it and when I don't. I exercise regularly (4-5x a week) and eat relatively healthy(for a college student). I am stressed a lot and i know that could be a cause of my problems. but does anyone have any ideas? Also is it to early for someone my age (22) to take pills such as viagra or cialis? What are the long term side effects?

56 female, history of CHF, history of difference in BP standing and sitting, near end of level 3 KCD, take diuretic. high BP, controlled with meds and diet (no salt)

Gained 5 pfd in two day, trouble breathing, fluid around abdomen. Per past doc instruction, took extra dirutic fri and lost 3 pds, feel very tired and weak.

BP sat afternoon was 120/74.
Is this too low?
Ms Boots

I am 74 years old and have experienced hot flushes since menopause (at age 54). I experience moderate to high blood pressure and most medications for this make my symptoms worse. I have heart palpitations during these uncomfortable symptoms, experience fatigue and have night sweats which wake me up. I have Sjoegren's Syndrome with Sicca, and Peripehral neuropathy and most other aging symptoms. I don't have dementia, thankfully, but I am curious as to whether hot flushes are impacting on my blood pressure and contributing to my anxieties or could it be caused by my thyroid? My tests show a normal reading for my thyroid. I also had cancer of the uterus, grade 1, and had everything removed nine years ago and have remained cancer free to date. I hope you can help me find a way to improve the situation as I don't have any blocked arteries or heart problems so it is a mystery to me. I am worried about the impact it may eventually have on my heart. Sincerely yours,

Hello.
I'm male.
I'm 45 years old and I got high pressure blood since 17. I am currently taking 5 drugs to control (not at all) my high pressure blood.
In a recent Renal Angiography was discovered that I have my left kidney hypotrophic with important loss of parenchyma in the middle and lower thirds.
Analyses of plasma renin revealed that is high.

This hypotrophic kidney (left) is working by 37% and 63% right according to a renal scintigraphy.
The recommendation of my doctor(nephrology) is to get me out my hypotrophic kidney to control the high pressure blood and avoid having to take so many drugs.

What is your opinion on this?
YYYY@YYYY

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...