Is an ultrasound required to rule out the presence of a ganglion cyst in a person diagnosed with arthritis in the finger joints?

I think I found my answer in reading the material provided. I went to an orthopedic today and he diagnosed my finger as having arthritis after just doing x-rays. Wouldn t I need an ultrasound to rule out a ganglion cyst? This finger is painless and all my other fingers are completely normal looking. Thank you for your answer
Tue, 23 Jul 2019
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response

For ganglion cyst no need of scanning. We can see from outside itself. X-ray is enough to rule out the other deformities or any.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Christy J Thundiparambil, Ayurveda Specialist