Owl Image

Is a blood sugar reading of 9.9 normal ?

is a blood sugar reading of 9.9 normal after dinner please? it was 1 hour after eating i did the test! I'm in the UK (americans measure different) I had a quarter pounder with cheese and salad. mayo too. I'm not over weight i'm under weight at 7st 7lb.
Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
the reading are in mm/mole so the normal value is 3.8- 6.1 (fasting )
u need to cross examine undergoing check in lab not in glucometer to rule out whether ur diabetic .
good diet plan with exercise will surely help u alot
not worry to much
do revert back with report i will plan out perfect diet paln for u which will b much beneficial
good luck .... wish u hale hearty life

Anonymous's Response

You seem to have sugars. Get it checked by your doc. You need to Get a blood test done in empty stomach and then again after food. The value of 9.9 is above teh normal limit. Kindly seek professional help. Cut down on high carbohydrate foods.