• question-icon

Is a blood pressure level of 107/68 cause for concern?

Husband, (w/m, 60 yrs. old), has recently went on meds for high blood pressure. It has stabilized at around 125/80. However, when we have intercourse, his blood pressure immediately drops to 107/68. I would have thought his pressure would have gone up not down. He also has LVH & mild tricuspid regurgitation.Should we be concerned?
Fri, 7 Oct 2016
Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Asad Riaz, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.
A blood pressure reading like the one you mentioned is not a cause for concern unless it is accompanied by any dizziness or light headedness. Which it is expected not to
Vasodilatation i.e increased capacity of blood vessels leads to a drop in blood pressure which bounces back once the inciting event goes away
I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask.

Regards.

Dr.Asad Riaz
General and Family Physician..