Is Prednisone effective for shingles?

I have Sarcoidosis for about 33 years. I just started a bout off shingles ( my third time)on my right breast under my arm and back on the right side. I take CBD oil for pain which helps.(legal in Canada) I am taking 30mg of prednisone which my Specialist prescribed me some time ago for my lungs. The pain can be very sharp at times and sometimes it itches. I put colloidal silver on it to help for the itch. Would the prednisone help with the shingles.?
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Shingles is usually treated with orally administered acyclovir.
The addition of an orally administered corticosteroid can provide modest benefits in reducing the itching and inflammation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.