Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Is Filariasis a contagious disease ?

where in India Elisa test and antigen tests done for Filariasis? Thus these tests reveal the disease corectly? because 10 months back my son got a blister on his feet which left the scar and also had a week fever . I am very much worried weather he has contacted with filariasis as my father is having filariasis. Can any one please help me and advice me. I read the symptoms of this disease and not able to live normally.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  348
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

Good Day
Nothing to worry. Filariasis is usually spread by Mosquito bite and Fly bite and not through entry in the feet. He may be having a skin infection due to trauma. Nothing to worry. The reason for the fever would be the skin infection. Entry of parasites never cause scar. It is due to trauma and infection. Your son will be fine.
Answered: Wed, 22 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor