Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Irregular menstruation. Prescribed duoluton L to regularise periods since years. What can be done for proper treatment?

Hi Doctor, My friend s daughter is 14 yrs old. Her menustration cycle started at age of 12, which is still not regular. her period comes after 3-4 months and doesnt stop on its own. She has visited several good doctors and done all adviced ultrasound . everytime she is adviced to take to Duoluton L for 21 days to stop or reguarlised the period. The treatment is On since last 1.5 year and there is no hope. I would really request you to guide us since the girl is really suffering a lot. I have all the documents with me. Pls let me know if any other detail is needed to study to case further. Thanks a ton in Advance
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
During initial years after attaining menarche, some amount of irregularity in menstrual cycles is common.
Usually with progression of the age, the cycles will become regularize.
You didn't mention her ultrasound findings.
If there are any features of poly cystic ovary disease, she needs treatment to that.
In it usage of insulin sensitizers is needed along with hormonal pills.
Once check for her thyroid profile.
If she is having overweight, let her decrease her weight.
This will help in regularization of the cycles.
For more details you can ask me directly through the premium forum.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 7 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor