Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Irregular heartbeat, What should I do ?

My Husbands blood pressure was 118sys over 106 dia and it was showing the irregular heartbeat indicator on the meter. What should I do ?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  351
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Avoid stress. Get Bp examined repeatedly. restrict salt intake. get your lipid profile also done. Amongst herbal medicines i woul recommend Arjuna arisht2 tsf bdwith tab abana 2 bd and cap. lipan 1 bd
Answered: Sun, 6 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dietitian & Nutritionist Ms. Ketki's  Response

Normal BP ranges 120/80 where in ; in this case 106 reaching a peak.

Line of Rx suggested: 1. Maintain weight is very very important
2. Balanced diet with less fat, less salt, more fruits & Veg.
3. Controlling other medical complications such as Diabetes etc
4. Consult cardiologist to clarify need of Angiography if at all reqd
5. Mild exercise like Yoga : 10-15 min / 3times a wk. minimum
6. Avoid straneous exercise or very vigorous walk
7. Regular BP monitoring

For further dietary advice/queries:
Contact :
Answered: Sun, 6 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor