Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Insect bite, lump protruding out of stomach beneath skin, scabbing, blackened area. Treatment?

about two weeks ago I was lying in bed around 3 or 4 in the morning and then out of no where I felt as though I had been bit. I scratched furiously and then over the last week and a half or so it has turned into a lump that both seems to protrude out of my skin ( stomach ) and underneath the skin fairly deep. It no longer itches but it does hurt. The area is now black or scabbed and skin is peeling away from the scab.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  164
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear customer,

The black skin may be due to the necrotic tissue due to the resultant infection of the insect bite.

You should immediatlet consult the doctor/emergency and start the suitable antibiotics course for the suspected bacterial infection.

The debridement may be required in some cases and it should be treated with utmost urgency without delay.

Thank you
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor