Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Injury on nose, redness and scar still left after 3 weeks. How to reduce redness ?

Hi I had an injury on my nose - hit the floor and it left a deep cut.. No stitches were required. Now its been more than 3 weeks but the wound still had redness
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,
Thanks for writing to us.
The decision of not doing a Primary Subcuticular Catgut sutures surgically is the reason for an unsightly scar in any injury.In the history you have not mentioned the size and depth of injury and what exactly caused the same.
Proper approximation during suturing after injury by a trained doctor and that too on the face will definitely prevent any scar formation.
You have two options now.(A) Consult a Dermatologist for any possible laser therapy possibility to reduce scarring .(B) Consult a Plastic/Reconstructive Surgeon to consider autologous skin grafting or secondary suturing under anaesthesia.
The above two are definitive procedures with good prognosis.
Other things that can be tried are pealing agents such as Glycolic Acid/Isotretinoin creams/Human placenta extract Gel such as Placentrex. But the results may not be 100% satisfactory.
Wishing you a quick recovery.,
Best Regards.,
Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.
Answered: Sat, 8 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor