Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Injured knee, severe pain. MRI report suggests tear of ACL. Want to avoid surgery. Any other treatment?

Hello Doctor,
I had ACL injury in my left knee ten years back but have not taken it seriously but for last one year I am suffering from severe pain and my MRI report is indicating complete tear of ACL.I am 36 year old teacher , and in my job I have to stand for long hours. Doctors are suggesting for surgery but I am not willing to undergo surgery. Can it be cured by naturopathy or aryuvedic treatment.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.

It looks from your details that you had old ACL injury.If it is complete ACL tear then in general it is advised that you should get it repaired.

If you do not want to get it repaired then you should consult to a good physiotherapist & should learn quadriceps muscle strengthening exercises.You may also it in following way-

Hope this all will help you.

With best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor