Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Injured collar bone. Knot under the neck, swelling. Inflamed muscle diagnosed. No broken bones in x-ray. Bruised chest. What can be done?

I injured my collar bone about a week ago, it is very swollen and there is a knot under my neck that feels like a bone. I went to the emergency room the day it happened, and the x-ray didnt show any breaks they called it an inflamed muscle, but it feels like something more than that is wrong. My entire chest is bruised. Could an inflamed muscle cause the knot and the bruising ?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  208
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The inflamed muscle is not likely to result in the bruising. It is likely to be due to a soft tissue injury. If the X-rays show normal bones then rest and ice with pain killers can help you. Avoid all overhead movements.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 8 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor