Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Infection after ear piercing. What can be done?

my daughter had her ear pierced in the same spot as last time... its been about 9 weeks .... so I was cleaning them and saw this big white bump beside the piercing on the back ear lob. so took it out cleaned it and the front started bleeding when I put it back in ,then it tried to come out the bump instead of The whole. but took it out retried and it when in... what should I do . its red,bleeding a little, a little swollen, and has a big white bump
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  211
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.

Wash it with anti-bacterial soap. do not use alcohol or peroxide, as they tend to make it worse and don't pick at it. don't move the earring.

Put Neosporin on your earring every night before bed, then take it out in the morning and leave it out all day. Repeat until well.

Most mild earlobe infections will clear up in 1 to 2 weeks.

Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor