Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Indent on back, painful. What is it?

Hi I was cleaning and my mom was looking at my back and noticed I have an indent in my back, my upper back, theyre not my back dimples. It s on my right side by my shoulder blade she described it as a hole in my back and I stuck my finger in the dent and it hurts. I have no clue what it is, and I don t know if I should go to the doctors. Is this normal or could something have collapsed. Please help and give ideas of what this could be.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  231
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A dent in the back is not a normal finding. Since it is painful on inserting a finger in the dent, an infection or an injury is likely. You need to get the area examined from your orthopedician for a proper diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor