Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Increased heartbeat, muscle tension. Stress related?

Hi, i am 50 years old, lately when sleeping on my side, heart has been beating harder than normal. this lets up when rolling over on my back. I can feel muscle tension around the chest area. But when i apply to the pressured places and hold my breath while doing this seems to releave symptoms and then the blood resirculates again. I am somewhat over weight. i walk in the spring summer fall, do you think this is stressed related? It seems to be acting up since my baby my little dog suddenly passed away thursday evening. Thanks JC
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Your 50 year old and complain of fast heart beat along with other symptoms and you think this is due to stress because of death of your baby dog.
Yes it could be due to stress, but your 50 year old and overweight and you have chest discomfort besides increased heart rate.
It would be better for you to get consultation from a physician, who will investigate you for any underlying pathological cause for your symptoms, besides the stress.
You may need ECG,your lipid profile(blood test),to rule out any pathological cause of your symptoms
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Fri, 30 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor