• question-icon

In need of liver transplant. Procedure to be followed for international patient admission?

One of my friend was your patient and you have reffered him for Liver transplant surgery couple of years back to another doctor and his surgery was successful and he is now in very good health. I have my cousin who needs Liver transplant on the the recommendations of his doctors in pakistan. Do you take international patients for liver transplant if yes what will be the procedure and how spould I contact you.
Tue, 24 Sep 2013
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am happy to know your friend succeeded in getting your treatment thanks to a referral from this site. I am happy for such a positive feedback.

The best way to get back to this doctor would be to personally get at least the hospital and doctor's contact from your friend. Otherwise, we cannot for sure tell which hospital and who the doctor was to direct you to. However, if you had wanted a referral to a doctor who can do such, then it would be easier as there are many facilities around that can help you out. From there, you would be able to ask the specific follow up questions.

I hope this helps. Talk back with your friend and get the specifics to contact the doctor/hospital. I wish you well in the pursuit of solutions to this liver disease.
Thanks.
Dr. Ditah, MD