Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Immense pain during urination, urine test shows presence of bacteria. Took Norflox. Any other treatment ?

Hi, I am a female 23 yrs of age. Since the last 10 days i have been experiencing immense pain during urination . I had visited my family doc who gave me some medicines from her clinic but it did not seem to help. I did a urine test this morning and the reports say presence of bacteria. I took a norflox this morning and felt slightly better. Today is the 11th day. Kindly advise.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

You seem to have UTI ( Urinary Tract Infection,so there are bacteria and pus cells in urine and you have pain during urination. You should visit a doctor/Urologist and get your urine R&M along with Culture and sensitivity, please do not take antibiotic by yourself as some time resistant organisms are cause and really difficult to treat.

You need to drink plenty of fluids,eg craineberry juice and water and proper urinary antibiotic which may need to be modified after the report of C&S.

If pain is too much urinary antiseptic and anti spasmodic drugs may be given.

We need to know the cause of infection,some times obstruction to urine due to kidney stone or even hygiene issue.

Take care

Good luck.

Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor