Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

I want to increase my weight, which medicine should I take ?

Hi, Doctor i am 30 year old male, my hight is 6 feet but my weight is just 58 kg, i want to increase my weight, which medicine should i take. i have taken all to measures but i couldnt get desired results
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  794
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hi if you are in india you can purchase medicines like ajaswagandhadi lehyam or narasimha rasayanam(if you are a vegetarian) consume either of this one spoon twice daily mixed with one cup of milk. if your appetite is not good then for i week use chitrakadi vati 2 tabs twice daily after food and vyswanara churnam half spoon twice daily with buttermilk after food . after your appetite increases you can stop these and start the first medicine i have mentioned before. along with this you should eat good food fresh vegetables and fruits, ghee, milk and dry fruits soaked in water or milk. for further assistance mail me at
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

You try to take more caloric diet and go to gym you will surely gain weight.

If you go for gym along with more intake the food is transformed into muscle and your weight will increase.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.


Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor