Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

I sprained my knee 2 years back & still getting pain & swelling, kindly help me

HI 2 years ago i sprained my knee and im still having trouble with pain and swelling. I can t bend get on my knee nothing. I dont have insurance. Im thinking it was something else wrong besides just a sprain. Can i go to the er and ask for a mri ?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jun 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  266
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  Anonymous's Response
Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Yes your guess is right,there has to some sort of ligament injury or meniscus injury which is giving rise to pain.You need a MRI for proper diagnosis.You need to consult orthopedic surgeon for this ,I do not know whether they will attend to you in ER or not as it is 2 year old injury.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Fri, 9 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor