Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

I need to gain health. I am a working lady associated with field job

I am 42 years old working lady particularly associated with field job in govt. sector. My weight is 43 kg and height is 5ft 4inch. I have done all the medical tests as advised by my local doctors, but nothing has been detected until now. I am very much worried about my health and need to gain about 10 kg weight. Kindly suggest me. I have a daughter who is of 10years old. For my thinness, I am absolutely worried and harassed too. Kindly suggest me what should be my actual weight and how to gain heath and weight quickly.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jun 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

According to your height and weight for your age , Body Mass Index (BMI) is 16.2 which is much below the normal ( 18.5-24.9 ).Your ideal body weight should between 52kg-57kg.Weight gain is a slow process, since your involved in field work , the energy expenditure is more and your intake of food should also be more in protein and energy gives helps to build muscles abd stamina.Your diet should be rich in protein with whole legumes, pulses, milk products, lean meats, egg ( daily ), soy milk ( high protein , low fat ). Take small frequent meals rather than three large meals.Snack healthy between meals with nuts - a handful, fruit milkshakes, yogurt, flavoured soy milk, cheese sandwiches, paneer or tofu tikka / cutlets, nuts / dry fruit milkshakes. Avoid taking junk foods like oily fried foods, carbonated drinks, highly saturated sweets , too much of coffee which all will suppress your hungry.
Drink plenty of liquids to stay hydrated.Take some protein supplements with milk instead of other beverages which will add the needed protein.
Answered: Fri, 7 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
well i can advise you to have milk with honey or banana have seen people who have benefited with this ............and also have food containing fat.
Answered: Sun, 27 Jun 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor