Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

I have what looks like a white skin tag on my bottom gum. What can i do?

I have what looks like a white skin tag on my bottom gum. What is it I have a white skin tag on my bottom gum. Do I need to see a dentist . It has been there over two weeks.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  2633
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist, Endodontics 's  Response
Hi, the skin tag may be a growth or a periapical swelling. Please consult a dentist as soon as possible. if it is a periapical swelling, the related tooth needs to be treated or extracted depending on the condition. If it is a growth without a tooth problem, a biopsy needs to be done to check the nature of the growth. Remember, it may have cancerous potential. So please do not delay the investigations. All the best!
Answered: Fri, 4 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor