Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

I have symtoms of a level one concussion

Hi, I am 17 years old and im still in high school. I was playing football and I got elbowed on the top of my head and my schools head and assistant ATC told me i have symtoms of a level one concussion. So im curious if its still ok that i work out(Lift Weights) even though i still get headaches. I guess im asking if its still safe to work out untill my head hurts then stop working out then go back to working out after my headache subsides?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  439
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi... Concussion headache usually last for few days and then disappear on its own. Exertion can some time prolong the duration of these headaches.  So it would be better if you can wait till your  headaches reduces and then go out for work outs... But if the headaches are persistiing and if the severity of the headaches it is better to take a opinion of the doctors...

Answered: Wed, 23 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor