Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

I have lump in my vagina and i get irregular periods. Are these the symptoms of cervical cancer ?

Hi. I went to the hospital today due to unexplained back pain in my lower left side they ran some test such as ( blood test and pee smaple) they couldn t find the course but said i was very sick, im going in for an ultra sound some time this week and also ment to get a pap smear and get some swaps taken to rule out any infections or diseases. The point of this post is that about 4 years ago i found a lump on the outside of my vigina its never gotten any bigger sometimes the lump gets smaller but then it ll go back to the same size, i have unnormal periods that seem to come alot, could i have cervical cancer or could it be something else? Im really worried about going to my appointment and also can pee samples show ceevial cancer? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 18 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  186
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Welcome to cancer can be easily detected by doing a PAP smear wherein cells are taken from the cervix and tested .Also symptoms of cervical cancer are post coital bleeding,excess bleeding,unusual fatigue etc,,Vaginal cancer doesnt stay like that for 4 years like lump growing and lessening .What you saw is a probably benign lump in the vagina.Take care.
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic. do not worry . get a pap's smear done. if needed your gynaecologist will also do a hpv dna test. this is more reliable than a paps's smear. also one negative hpv dna means you dont have to get yourself tested for another 3 years. about the lump you feel in your vagina, most likely it is nothing serious to worry about. let your gynaecologist do a local pelvic examination and a sonography of the pelvis to find out. this will also help to rule out the cause of your abnormal periods.
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor