Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

I have irritable male syndrome

Im 19 and i think i Have Irritable Male Syndrome i show these symptoms * anger and social withdrawal * irritability * anxiety * mood swings * depression * hot flashes * back and head aches Is this Normal for my age
Asked On : Sat, 24 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  699
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello, it can be one of the mood disorders. I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist in this regard and get a complete work up. It sometimes need mediations. Also need to rule out other conditions like bipolar disorders ect. Hence it is mandatory you get a complete work up

I hope i have answered your query. Take care
Answered: Sat, 5 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

I think you are having I M S  But good news it is totally normal especially for your age I mean think about how many other teenaged adults are under stressful situations and probably have the same symptoms you are experiencing. I for one live with this  same problem and im in my mid 30s. so it realistically probably wont go away not totally any way.I would recomend to deal with it on your own terms since doctors and shrinks seem to not understand or care. I think that the average citizen, (most of the population) is really stupid and ignorant. the sooner you realize and understand this the better off you`ll be. let people know in a reasonable manner(by hinting when possible) that they are bothering you and maybe just maybe theyll stop and if that fails do what I do know how much you can tolerate and when you feel the need get away from aggravating people you cant handle before you lose your cool. Too many people now days have little morals and no respect for other humans and it really burns me and I almost lose it on a daily basis but some how I still manage to not get violent and hurt any one ( which could cause more problems than what its worth) So find some one you can trust to vent with ( best friend or girlfriend) and or go online also this seems to help me tremendisly. Stay positive. & Good Luck!!  J.


Answered: Sun, 25 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response
As the author of the book, The Irritable Male Syndrome, there's a lot of things you can do. Its most common in males between the ages of 15 and 25 and older adults between 40 and 60. You can get more information on my website

Jed Diamond, Ph.D.
Answered: Thu, 21 Oct 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor