What does my health report indicate?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 9 Nov 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Please detail some important details regarding gastric bypass surgery and the applicable risk. Also, please review my health information included and determine whether I am a good candidate. Thank you in advance.

Female
44 years old
Gained 100 pounds in 4 years - 128 raised to 229
Illnesses - Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) & 11 medications to aid in handling the depression symptoms and elimination. Also suffer from anxiety and severe PTSD. Hysterectomy and upcoming surgery for severe incontinence. My BMI, as I was told is borderline possible for the surgery.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Details regarding gastric bypass surgery and its application risk can be enumerated better with more detailed information.
Please give some additional information for me to assist you better:
- What are the methods that you have tried to reduce weight? Whether under any expert or on your own?
- Please give exact height and BMI.
- Did the weight gain initiate on starting any specific medications out of the 11 you have mentioned and give the names of the medications. Many of such medications are known to cause weight gain.
- Any associated other medical problems like diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism, Vitamin D or other vitamins and mineral deficiencies. Proper supplement can help you improve lots of problems including weight gain and depression and related problems.
- When is the hysterectomy / plan for surgery for severe incontinence?
- Any other details please.

Awaiting for your detailed feedback.