Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

I have done a pregnancy test that was negative. could i still be pregnant or Is there something wrong with me ?

my period is late i was due on the 20th aug ive done a pregnancy test that was negative, i stopped taking the pill 2 years ago as we are trying a baby. could i still be pregnant or is there something wrong with me.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Aug 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  206
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
  User's Response
hi welcome to health care magic.see as you done pregnancy test which is negative if you have doubt you repeat the test if still negative then it may because of hormonal imbalance you concern gynec for that.
Answered: Thu, 1 Sep 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
If you got pregnancy test done after 8-10 days of your expected period,then you can expect proper result.
If you did urine test then now go for blood hcg test which is cnofirmatory.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 1 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor