Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

I have bow legs. i want to get them fixed because they are very noticeable

Im 15 turning 16 and i have bow legs but have only been noticeable since i was 12 i want to get them fixed because they are very noticeable and quite painful in my knees and ankles and my hips are always popping out And people tease me about it What can i do to have them straightened at my age?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  425
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response


This needs an operation,the type of operatin depends on wether you are fully grown up skeletally or not.

Contact me if you need further information.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Bow legs or Genu varum is a deformity of bones usually found in children due to rickets;infection;tumors but the main cause is rickets(disease caused by deficiency of vitamin D.The treatment is usually to replace the deficiency of vitaminD in childhood but in later part of life like in your case applying splint;ortho braces and if needed surgery can provide treatment.Please consult a Orthopaedician for examination and he will assess and treat you.
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor