I have blood in stool for the past 15 days. I don't have constipation

Iam a 35 year old house wife. I am seeing blood during my bowel movements for the past 15 days. Earlier it was very loose stool and now for the past 3 days the stool is normal. I was traveling a lot for a week , before 10 days. The anus burns when I pass my stool and I see red blood when I wipe. Few months back I had the same condition for about 8 days immediately after I recovered from Flu . I am of the opinion its due to excessive body heat and dint see a doctor . Bu t then I feel sort of irritaion in the anus even whn I urinate and otherwise. I feel a small outgrowth kind of thing whn I wipe. Earlier also it was there but it got alright after 10 days or so. What can this be. Please help. -RS
Wed, 27 Apr 2011