Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I have been on the implanon birth control.Could the implanon affect the home pregnancy test?

i have been on the implanon birth control for 11 months and now i feel movement and kicking like my last pregnancy but the home pregnancy test came out negative but im feeling all the same symptoms could i be pregnant i have been on the birthcontrol implanon since my sons birth last march. And reciently i have been feeling movement and kicking, I have taken 3 pregnancy test and all came back neg but i know something isnt right and i am having all the same symptoms as i did with my son could i be pregnant? could the implanon affect the home pregnancy test?
Sun, 27 Feb 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Implanon does not affect the home pregnancy test but the HCG levels start decreasing after 100 days of pregnancy and home pregnancy becomes negative after that. Only an ultrasound scan will now help you to make a diagnosis.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor