I have abdominal pain, lower right side, about halfway between my navel and hip

Hi, I have abdominal pain , lower right side, about halfway between my navel and hip ( appendix I guess?) Also, I feel slight nausea , not very much - I haven t vomited or anything. Normal-ish bowel movement , slightly constipated. I don t have a fever but I do feel sick. The pain is not severe all the time, it is just a constant throbbing most of the time, I have to sleep on my back or opposite side otherwise it is uncomfortable. That said, the pain does sometimes get worse, it feels like a sharp stabbing pain, if I press on a certain spot on my stomach it is sore - the pain goes away after a while and it goes back to simply being a throbbing pain. I have been having this off and on for about six months, but the last week it has gotten worse. I have not thought much of it until now, since last year February I fractured/cracked two ribs, and I have had lots of chest/ abdomen pain because of that. This feels different though - the ribs were a surface pain whereas this feels like a deep pain , and besides this feels much lower in my abdomen. I am seeing my GP, earliest appointment I could get is only next week though. Any advice appreciated!
Mon, 9 May 2011