Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

I got infection on the foreskin of my penis

I often get infection on the foreskin of my penis and its itching and burning sensation and also it smells bad. Pls tell me what kind of problem is this. My penis also becomes red and its secrating seman like a substance and its smells bad, i never had a sex before but i have the habit of mastrubation
Asked On : Tue, 8 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  310
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

The infection that you have is called Balanoposthitis. You have not mentioned your age.

This needs to be treated with antibiotics. Consult an urologist and he will treat you after examination. Regularly clean your penis and retract the foreskin and clean the insides also with soap and water. At present it may not be possible to retract the foreskin but after treatment make it a regular habit to clean the area as mentioned above.

Masturbation does not cause balanopostitis, but if you leave the semen on the penis for long, it will lead to infection. The basic requirement is to maitain basic hygiene and keep the area very clean by frequent washing.
Rule out diabetes also.

Wish you all the best.
Answered: Sat, 22 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor