Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

196 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I going through the procedure to become a kidney donor.

I going through the procedure to become a kidney donor. I have had a CT scan and that showed that one of my kidneys is larger and enlongated from the other kidney. I am being sent for another test with Nuclear Medicine to determine the percentage that each kidney is working separately. What is the name of this test, and how does it work?
Sun, 28 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My wife is going under Dialysis for the past 5 months , her both the kedneys not working .She is going under treatment at Fortis , Vasant kunj , Delhi.Her blood group is o+, We don t have any blood relation who is having o Blood group.She is just 36 year old , having one daughter. Kindly advice how i can get her Kidney Transplant.If any donor is there then also pls let me know. I m reachable at 0000 , 0000.

doctor1 MD

I was recently discharged from the hospital after going thru a bout of acute colitis. We are waiting for biopsy results from tissue samples taken during a colonscopy. Areas of inflammation were present, but no ulcers were found. In the meantime, I was prescribed prednisone (1 week supply of 20mg tabs) and sulfazine 500mg. I am also taking 1mg folic acid supplement. My question is in regard to the sulfazine. I am a kidney donor (donated to my dad in 2010) and am concerned that taking the sulfazine will damage my only kidney. My creatine levels were 1.6 and my BUN was 13. I was originally supposed to recieve Mesalamine but my insurance did not cover it so they switched me to sulfazine. Should I be concerned about this?

doctor1 MD

how do you go about treating growth on kidney I have had a gowth on there for a year but it has grown and I would like to know the procedure I will undergo from meeting with a urologist and steps taken to get to a decision

Loading Online Doctors....