Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

I get frequent abdominal pain. Is it because of abortion ?

hello doctor, i am 21 years old. i am about 5ft 5 , i weigh 60 kg, i am a female, i am of the blood group AS. i usually have abdominal pain just a little above my pubic area and its usually painful and affects my standing position. whenever this happens, i feel very bloated as my stomach becomes bigger, when this happens, i go to the toilet and after easing my self and letting gas out i feel better. but the problem is, it happens frequently. however, some months back, i had a scan which showed a bulky non gravid anteverted uterus with heterogeneous echo pattern. i have always had the pain even before i had the scan and after also. i also have menstrual cramps during my cycle which lasts at times for a day or two. before the scan, i had a medical abortion in which the pregnancy was about 4 weeks and 3 days old. pls doctor, i am confused and dont know what to do. i need your advice. what is the cause of this abdominal pain? does the M A have any thing to do with my scan result? what can i do ? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  197
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The cause of your abdominal pain above the pubic region can be due to infection in pelvic region;may be due to bulky uterus;infection of intestine that is lower bowel/rectum but as the pain gets relieved it could be due to tenesmus if the pain comes and goes on its own after some time and is better after passing stools or gas.This sort of pain if you have it could be due to infection of intestine for which you need to take antibiotics.The bulky uterus can be as a result of MA but there can be other reasons that need to be examined so please consult a Gynaecologist for examination and treatment.
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor