Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids
different possible causes
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Hemorrhoids do cause pain and itching , they are usually associated with blood that is commonly seen on wiping.
The creams would burn because the skin in the anal region is probably excoriated (scratched) from the itching.
Tenesmus is the medical term used to describe the desire to have a bowel movement with or no stool passed.
It can be associated with:(1) crohns, ulcerative colitis,
(2) infective colitis (infection of the bowel),
(3) irritable bowel syndrome,
(4)abscess in the anal region,
(5)thrombosed hemorrhoid (blood supply to the hemorrhoid cut off),
6) mass in the colon
(7)anal fissure- a cut in the anal region- can be very painful
One of the most common reasons for intense anal itching is the presence of worms in the intestinal tract , this is an infection of the bowel that could also cause the tenesmus
It is possible that this is the cause for you but this diagnosis can only be confirmed by a stool sample to the lab. If confirmed and anti parasitic agent can be used.
The anal region needs to be examined and properly assessed.
Till this is done, you can consider the use of an oral antihistamine and mild topical steroid to the area eg hydrocortisone (apply twice daily)
A stool softener such as ducolax along with a lot of fluids would help soften your bowel movements.
A warm (not hot) sitz bath with epsom salt or table salt or bicarbonate may also help, 2 to 3 times a day for 15 to 20 mins
An anti inflammatory pain killer would help with the discomfort and inflammation in the area eg ibuprofen, naproxen
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Best hemorrhoid treatment
- Bleeding hemorrhoid treatment
- Treatment for fourth degree hemorrhoids
- Suggest post treatment post removal of hemorrhoid
- Hemorrhoids hydrocortisone treatment
- Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids
- Suggest treatment for hemorrhoid thrombosis
- Fucibet cream hemorrhoid treatment
- Suggest treatment for ibs and hemorrhoids
- Suggest treatment for boold in stool and hemorrhoid
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...