Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

I am suffering with malabsorption of fat. Should I seek any treatment ?

I am 63 year old man. I am fed up with malabsorption of fat. I am not able to eat anything prepared using oil. Eventhough my height is 173 cms, my weight is restricted at 50 KGs, since 40years. The doctors whom I approached, advised me not worry but to feel happy that the unnecessary fat is discharged voluntarily, without getting accumulated in the body. What is your opinion? Should I seek any treatment/medication, now, orkeep quite? Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM. First of all you should go for some test for diagnosis.-
USG of abdomen
Meanwhile you should take tab chymoral forte 1 tab twise a day for at least a month.
Answered: Mon, 15 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor