Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from thyroid disorder

sir I am suffering from thyroid disorder since five years. I am taking thyroxine tab 50. recently my test showing T3-1.00 , T4- 7.7 , TSH-12.94 Should I go to the doctor or, I continue withe said treatment
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  250
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
Your TSH levels are high. Which means the medicine isnt working. An increase in dose is needed here.So you will have to visit your dr.
You can try homoepathy for the same , it can be taken along with allopathy here.
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.You are having hypothyroidism in this condition your thyroid gland is not producing sufficient thyroid hormone so you have to take from out side inform of tablets.Normal tsh is 5.5 or less ,so your tsh is still high means you need to increase the dose of see your doctor.
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor