Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from severe acne and scars on my face, which medicine can help me ?

hi doctor name is sameera doing BDS,age 22.i am suffering from severre acne all over my face and also scars.i have this since 5 yrs.i have consulted many dermatolist but no use.last year i got peeling done by doctor.its reliefed temporarily and start aggrevating face looks oily and dull.i never go for any parlour treatments and cosmetics..m emotinally disturbed with this.plz help me with your advice,thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  266
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Sameera,thanks for query.You must be knowing that acne occurs due to hormonal changes as well due to blocking of pores of skin due to dust like particles.Please wash your face when ever you come to home.Avoid fatty foods.At times long course of antibiotics is needed which will definitely help.For scars of acne you need to take help of a cosmetologist.bye.
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Some rules. Never apply harsh treatment on your skin. No rubbing on the lesions. You may remove the oil by facewashes likeCetaphil, Clearasil. You will need Isotretinoin which is the best drug available. You need to take less stress an also consume a less oily diet. Kindly speak to your Dermatologist about this drug and also other possible treatment options.
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Pimples are multifactorial ,and therefore one has to find the exact cause of it.
It can be because of wrong use of soaps to moisturizers or any fairness creams which one is using , to hormonal disturbances if anybody has(esp in females).So,a complete work up is necessary in all patients.Also one should remember that its not a short course treatment,but a matter of say 6 months or so if pimples are sever .
Firstly I would advise you to stop all cosmetic creams if you are using on face.

Also look for other features of hormonal imbalance in body like weight gain,irregular periods,facial hair & scalp hair loss,pimples 2 days prior to periods ,pimples over jaw line etc .If you have any of these then get a hormonal profile done.In such cases conventional treatment for acne would not work,and one needs hormonal tablets to cure acne(as what happened in your case).

In case you don't have any hormonal imbalance & you don't respond to conventional treatment, then one can take retinoids .Retinoids is a wonderful medicine for acne,provided one gets all the relevant investigations and takes care of all the precautions associated with it.There are certain precaution which your dermatologist would tell you.

So,in your case, as you have not responded to conventional medicines ,I would advise you to plan either for retinoids or for hormonal treatment (as required).Both medicines give excellent response .
Kindly meet a experienced dermatologist who can understand your case properly and treat you .
Please don't plan for laser or any beauty parlor treatment .
You can even take chemical peels along with the medicines.

Hope this answers your query,if you have any further questions kindly write back to us.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor