What causes painful and itchy bumps on face after using Olay total effects?

Posted on Thu, 12 Mar 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I use olay total effects cleanser, day cream and night cream regularly. Very often painfull red bumps and itching are developing on my face. Please suggest a solution. I am presently 36 years old.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use non-comedogenic products

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to us on HCM.
Use of cosmetics like Olay day and night cream can often to clogging of pores and thus lead to type of acne called acneiform eruptions.
Acneiform eruptions can be treated by applying topical medications like clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide or retinoids like adapalene/tretinoin.
As of now I would suggest you to avoid any further use of Olay products.
For regular use you can use dermatologically tested products like Cetaphil cleansing lotion and Restyane day and Night cream.
Let me know if you require any more assistance from my side.
Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda
M.D Dermatology
Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist