Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

174 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I am suffering from itching & dandruff on my head, please suggest me the remedy

I'm male 26 suffered due to alopecia areata, taken homeoapathic medicine for 24 months. certain patches hair was recovered. but still the dandruf problem and itching continuing. Whether i should do continue the treatment? Note: i have stopped the treatment 3 months back
Fri, 6 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
  User's Response
's  Response
can some one please suggest me doctor in pune for Alpociea Areta...?
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

If you have dandruf and itching you are lucky.  You need an antifungal shampoo.  See your doctor about antifungal treatment.

Alopecia areata (AA) is usually caused by something you are doing to your body.  Although in a smaller percentage it is just natural.  I estimate 60/40.

In my case stress is causing AA.  I am investigating two reasons currently one is lack of sleep which I have since fixed.  The other is a digestive disorder from stress induced over eating which causes digestive symptoms like hemeroids or colitus in my body.

Ask yourself what has changed in my diet or my behavior around the same time as AA.  In talking to many people with it that recover it seems to be nearly always related to sleep, drinking alcohol, diet, or exercise.  Which all happen to be related.

For me it was a change in my stools that I noticed around the same time as AA.

  User's Response
ludovico's  Response
Alopecia areata (AA) is a condition affecting humans, in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body, usually from the scalp. Because it causes bald spots on the scalp, especially in the first stages, it is sometimes called spot baldness Homeopathy has effective treatment for the same. The time take will depend on the approach taken by the doctor, and the health condition of the patient in total. Please consult your doctor to find out more about your health as he knows what remedy is given to you.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hello sir im sridhar 25 years old i have been suffering from seborrheic dermatitis for 5 years. heavy hair fall, grease like substance on my back and scalp some time on chest also. i used protar k shampoo ketacozole shampoos but of no use. lot of dandruff and scales on my head i spend atleast 15 min to remove these scales daily.. i went to a dermatologist he prescribed me tretiva 5mg daily. i started using 15 days ago and didnt have any improvement.does tretiva work plz suggest me what to do how to get rid of this scaly scalp

doctor1 MD

hello sir,i am in need of help sir my hair is falling at an alarming rate,am also having a lot of dandruff,day before yesterday i had a lot of itching on my head and i noticed around 50-60 strands of hair on my pillow the next morning.....the place where i scratched to stop the itching leaves me with a burning sensation...i am a male 23 years of age...please help..waiting for your reply....

doctor1 MD

Hi,I am suffering with severe dandruff problem. I tried many shampoos but, no change. I am also suffering with numerous small pimples on my back side , which may be due to this dandruff. Please give any solution for this. Is there any medicine for this. Look forward to hear from you soon.Nidhin

Recent questions on  Baldness

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor i m 29 year male and suffering from thin hair from long. actually i suffered from typhoid when i was kid. after that i put up weight and hair got thinner, but from last some year i am out of home and got hair fall on large, now hair fall stopped but central area of head has baldness patches. can i use tugain 5% for hair regrowth?

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor,I am 34 years old, i am having bald forehead which 20 -25 % and baldness is continuing on my crown which is 5-10%. How can i go with the treatment is hair transplant or Stem cell thereapy convinient? /what will be it cost for Hair Transplant or Stem cell

doctor1 MD

hello doctor my age is 18 and i am female and from last 7or 8 months i am suffering from hair doctor gave some nutritional supplements to me with a spray containing minoxidil (i hope the spelling is correct ) but after a month when i stopped using it i faced hair fall more than before i am very scared what can i do even i got some signs of baldness too plz help me doctor

doctor1 MD

hello doctor, i am aged 27 years n am experiencing male pattern hair loss . i used morr-f topical solution ,now i am noticing my hair fall as increased after its use nearly after a month. do i need to stop its use? i am having more of frontal baldness advice me about best solution for this.

doctor1 MD

hello how to stop hair loss.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, My Dermatologist suggested me to use Minoxidil 5% to stop the male pattern baldness .I just need your help about the solution usage. - Should I wash my hair before applying this solution every time, how frequently I need to wash my hair...

doctor1 MD

Hi. I have a question. Since I was around 20 I noticed a tiny bald spot in front of my hairline about the size of an eraser. I tried to go to a trichologist who basically just told me to eat healthy and take vitamins . I also tried to go to a...