Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

I am getting brown sticky discharge and my cycles are irregular. Is this normal ?

I have a dark brown, sticky discharge from my vagina. I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago, but still have my cervix . My pap was normal. I'm scared! I have a dark brown, sticky vaginal discharge . I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago, but I still have my cervix. I ve always spotted light pink from time to time and my dr said it s from leftover tissue, but recently the bleeding has been irregular, and now it s so dark it almost looks black on my pad. My recent PAP was normal. Help!
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  262
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You need to get a swab taken and tested for Bacterial vaginosis as well. This way effective treatment will eliminate the infection. Also get tested for other infections. Keep the area clean. Avoid douching.
Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor