Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

I am 6.3 feet and weigh only 63, should i consult a doctor ?

I am 6ft 3 and i weigh only 63 21 yrs old..should i consult a dietitian if i want to increase weight.I eat considerably lot..
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic

According to your height and weight, your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 17.3 which is considered as underweight.Ideal body weight for your height should be between 80kg-85kg. In order to increase your weight your diet should be high in protein which helps to increase the muscle mass and stamina in the body.Eating foods rich in protein includes whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits.Take foods like fruit milkshakes,dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk,Flavoured soy milk,tofu(soy paneer),groundnut chikki/ burfi, green banana and you can try using protein supplements like ENSURE or RESOURCE HIGH PROTEIN which can be taken along with milk twice a day.Try aviod taking junk foods like oily fried foods,highly saturated sweets, carbonated drinks and alcohol which will eventually suppress your hunger.Along with dietary modifications exercise is also a factor which has to be taken care and stay hydrated.Weight gain is a slow process and it needs patience in going forward with the diet.
Answered: Fri, 4 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor