1. A Parathyroid Adenoma
is a benign tumor
of one of the parathyroid glands which usually are four in number, but some persons may have more.
2. Common symptomatology is described as moans, groans , stones and bones. Many patients have no specific symptoms.
3. Even if she has no symptoms, get her blood investigations done including blood , urine and calcium and parathyroid hormone
levels. Rule out Diabetes.
4. The calcification in the left submandibular gland
may be a result of this Parathyroid Adenoma. Maybe a salivary stone.
5. Get a MIBI nuclear imaging scan done, Get an abdominal USG done.
6. Remember to rule out an MEN (Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
7. Diet should include more vitamin D, less Calcium and be mostly Vegetarian.