Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I am 43 yrs old female & have nodes on neck & don't want to do any surgery for this. What should i do ?

my wife age 43 yrs usg of neck reported by radiologist 1) small echogenic nodule in right thyroid lobe inferiory-? Parathyrooid adenoma :( 2) an ill defined hypoechoic lesion with calcification in left submandibular gland inferiorly as stated above ?chronic inflammatory normal, pl advice wheher she will require any surgy,how to avoid surgery, what should she eat? 0 Small ec
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  185
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
You havent told us why she got the USG done in the first place, is she having any symptoms of hyperthyroidism? Chronic infection? It depends on the symptoms and how ill she is. Also please mention the size of the adenoma
Answered: Sat, 19 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Parathyroid adenoma is noncancerous swelling over the neck .It is a benign tumor which could be asymptomatic or symptoms like pain and swelling may be present.You can consult your nearest homeopathic Physician for further help.

Refer this site for further details

Hope this information is sufficient for you,


dr jignesh
Answered: Sat, 19 Mar 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
1. A Parathyroid Adenoma is a benign tumor of one of the parathyroid glands which usually are four in number, but some persons may have more.

2. Common symptomatology is described as moans, groans , stones and bones. Many patients have no specific symptoms.

3. Even if she has no symptoms, get her blood investigations done including blood , urine and calcium and parathyroid hormone levels. Rule out Diabetes.

4. The calcification in the left submandibular gland may be a result of this Parathyroid Adenoma. Maybe a salivary stone.

5. Get a MIBI nuclear imaging scan done, Get an abdominal USG done.

6. Remember to rule out an MEN (Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia) Syndrome.

7. Diet should include more vitamin D, less Calcium and be mostly Vegetarian.
Answered: Sat, 19 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor