I am 35, just been diagonised with high blood pressure

Does this happen to many people.I was planning to get pregnant at the end of the year.I do not know what my options are anymore.What could be causing this?I have pain on the left side of my body and sometimes feels nump! I am 163cm and weigh 66 kilos. I do not smoke and I do not drink either.
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
its not a very bad issue to be hypertensive, becoz it could be managed easily if u really want to! u didnt tell us how high is ur blood pressure but i hope its less than 160\90, to make u feel happy my mum had a high blood pressure and after 6 months of diagnosing she stopped the medicament and now just on a controlled life style and thanks god shes very well now. easily 1st u should take a medicine for hypertension(see ur doctor). a the same time change ur life style like: 1)start excersising, the best excersise is the easiest excersise walking!! u can walk for 20 minutes daily in fresh air that would make ur blood pressure better and also ur whole health and life :-) 2) stop eating things containing salts and spices, tajke care never let ur stomach rule u ;-) 3) eat vegetables and fruits as much as u can and specially green vegetables 4)stop the fast food or shall i name it junk food! 5) try to always stay in a good mood& never get angry or nervous, that really helps! 6) i suppose by time ur doctor will keep lowering the dose of ur medicament until he will cancel it all & then u will only need to stay on ur lifestyle. please do what i told u or u will stay hypertensive and high blood pressure is not the problem........ the real problem is what it leads to: atherosclerosis, angina, heart failure, diabetus, hyperlipidemia............its like a trap of mines!!! so please take care of urself and listen to what i told u and i wish that everythin will be ok with u. about pregnancy dont bother about it, just pray to god and im sure god will help u and u will get the sweetest child:-)