I am 30 weeks pregnant and I have green stool for the past 4-5 days.

Hi I am 30 weeks pregnant and i have green stool for the past 4-5 days . Now i am worried some people say it could be that my baby will come soon some of them say it could be the food but i ve have not eat anything green and others say its an infection , Know i do not know what to believe . Can u help me with that
Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Hi cindy;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The green color of stools if it is loose motions and with pain in abdomen then it will be due to infection and if it is not painful and you just pass greenish or blackish stools once in a day then it can be if you are taking iron tablets to increase haemoglobin ;if it is so then it is normal.
If you have loose motions then you should get treated immediately because diarrhoea can cause to land you up in pre-term labour which is not good for yur baby.Consult your doctor for immediate treatment.
Thanks