Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
153 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to treat vertigo?

Road, authorities, stopped me driving, just because I took easy to turn right because of not busy traffic, and crossed white line, that was all, not intentionally, to meet with an accident. Now, I am having nasty falls because my walking is not stable due to vetrtigo. from Sal. Can you advice me about this physical problem.
Fri, 3 Jul 2015
Report Abuse
Diabetologist 's  Response
Hi, welcome to our site. I am Dr Saumya Mittal, MD.
Read your query. That is a very significant question and i appreciate your problem. I will try my best to answer your query

In view of the symptoms starting after an accident, I would really suggest testing a MRI of the brain to make sure there is no intracranial damage. The fall may have caused damage to any of the many parts that may have caused the symptoms of vertigo, especially brainstem and cerebellum.

I would suggest a visit to a neurologist along with the MRI to make sure there is no elicitable sign and thereafter a possible prescription of betahistidine and physiotherapy may help you.

I hope this helps you. Inform the reports mentioned above/if any other so I can be of help further.
I have given you the answer to the maximum considering the information provided. The results of the tests could further enhance my answer to you. You can upload them on the site.
You can upload them with the query, or if you have a problem, send them to with Sub: ATTN 'Your Name'. Once we receive the photos or diagnostic reports, my team will send reports / pictures to me.
Please do understand that some details could be extracted from a detailed history and examination.
Please click on Thanks/Helpful if found useful.
Please feel free to ask another query. I would be glad to help you. Looking forward to your return query with the details asked so that I can help you further.
(If the answer has helped you, please indicate this by clicking on HELPFUL)
Best of luck.
Dr Mittal.
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), CC (Diabetes Mellitus), DNB (Neurology)
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi My brother is suffering from dizziness, doctor said it is vertigo and have prescribed vertizac. Inspite of taking 2 doses of vertizac, his...