How to treat bells palsy?

i recently had a bells pallsy, but when i had a ct scan due to weakness on my right side and a contant headache especially behind my right eye ,they said there were some slight shadow at the front of my brain ,which may be age related but i have to have an mri of the back of my brain, but they did not explain what this could mean.
Mon, 2 Dec 2019

Bell's palsy is a condition that causes a temporary weakness or paralysis of the muscles in the face. It can occur when the nerve that controls your facial muscles becomes inflamed, swollen, or compressed. I suggest using anti inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the inflammation. Commonly used medications to treat Bell's palsy include corticosteroids, such as prednisone which are anti-inflammatory agents. You should consult your doctor because they are given on prescription.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician