Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

How to look younger?

Sir I am Very Obese and My BMI is in the range of 30-32 most of the time I am only 24 years of age and look like someone who is 35 plus, I wanted to know if there are any procedures and any treatment that can help me look younger.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1247
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Obesity means having too much body fat while overweight means weighing too much. BMI, or body mass index, is a simple and widely used method for estimating body fat. Obesity increases your risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, arthritis and some cancers. Losing even 5 to 10 percent of your weight can delay or prevent some of these diseases. There are several treatment options for the management of overweight and obese individuals, including diet therapy, changes in physical activity, behavioral therapy, drug therapy, surgery and a combination of these. Initial Goal of any Therapy is to reduce the Body weight by 10% and then any further steps can be taken. Lifestyle modifications such as increasing physical activity and decreasing calorie intake are recommended instead of "dieting." Exercising is important to any good weight loss program. 45 minutes of aerobic exercise a day is the equivalent of losing 400-800 Calories based on the intensity. Obese patients should start slowly with low-intensity walking or swimming and advance intensity as tolerated. Combining behavioral therapy, diet therapy, and increased physical activity are a part of initial "therapy" for weight loss. It should be continued for at least 6 months before proceeding to drug therapy. Bariatric surgery produces weight loss by restricting food intake and, in some cases, interfering with nutrition through malabsorption. There are four types of operations that are commonly offered adjustable gastric band (AGB), Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB), gastric sleeve (GS), and biliopancreatic bypass with a duodenal switch (BPD).
Answered: Wed, 13 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor