Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

How to increase Hemoglobin level ?

my daughter is 3 year old and her hb is only 7.8 .. she is fussy eater .. and dont take food at all.. wt to do ?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Mar 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  937
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Presence of anemia can be the cause for reduced eating habits.. Evaluate for the cause for anemia and appropriate anemia treatment has to started which may include medications.. Discuss with your doctor on this issue.. Include vegetables, fruits and iron rich diet.. All the best...

Answered: Sat, 13 Mar 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Prahlad S. Patki's  Response
Hi, thanks for this query. Fussy children are frequently seen in clinical practice. Your daughter need to eat well to improve her hemoglobin. Her Pediatrician needs to evaluate her to confirm she is ibe healthy otherwise. If needed, he may prescribe her Iron formulation. Fruits, Dates etc have good amount of Iron and they may be given as supplements to your child. A variety may be brought in the food provided to your daughter.
Liv.52 syrup may be tried to improve appetite . ( half tea spoon twice a day ).
Happy feeding !!!
Answered: Mon, 19 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.It should be diagnosed whether anemia is due to nutritional deficiency or some other reason.DEWORM your child with 400 mg of syrup albendazole,in the meantime before you consult your pediatrician.If the anemia is due to nutritional deficiency then iron preparations and appetite stimulants along with proper diet will take care of the anemia.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Mon, 19 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor