Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of snoring ?

Hi, I am Ferdousi from sweden. I have a problem while sleeping. I produce sound from my noses during sleeping which makes my husband disturbed for his sleeping.How can I solve this problem?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Ferdousi,

You are having 'obstructive sleep apnoea', you need to get yourself checked from a good ENT specialist. If at all there is obstruction it can be medically or surgically corrected. If the obstruction is not from the nose then you need to get a thorough check-up done to look for the site of obstruction and managed accordingly. As of now, try lying on one side rather in upright position. Take steam inhalation before you go to sleep.

Dr. Naveen Kumar

Answered: Wed, 26 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Dr. Navin,
Thank you very much for your nice suggestion. Could you please tell me how I can take steam inhalation?
Answered: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Ferdousi,

It is very simple, take bowl of water and heat it, once it starts boiling bring it down. Cover the head with a big towel when you bring your face over the bowl, inhale the steam. Caution if there is any burning sensation lift up the towel and take fresh air. You can also use 1-2 drops from Karvol plus capsule.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor