Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of backache after delivery ?

Dear Doc I am 33 years old. I have delivered a baby on 17th january. Since then I have a severe back ache which makes me uncomfortable in sitting, feeding , standing and lifting my baby in my arms. I heard that this pain after delivery if persist it last forever. I don t believe this. I need your advice for saying bye bye to my back ache forever. Thanks Pratibha
Asked On : Tue, 10 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your delivery was normal or Caesearian section? some time after C.S back ache is there.
Do back extension exercise regularly and leg raising exercise too.this will help you a lot.
take high calcium,high protein diet.
take milk and its preparation.
Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear Pratibha,thanks for query.During pregnancy the weight of uterus is increased.Due to this its support are getting stretched.Normally this all changes come back to pre pregnancy stage after 6-8 weeks.This at times give rise to pain.At times when you are nursing your baby your calcium requirements are quite high.Please start taking calcium tablets along with proper diet till at least 1 year after delivery.At the same time if the backache is very severe please take help of orthopedic surgeon.bye and take care.
Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor